Monday, October 24, 2005

my durga puja

it has been a long while....and i realized it only after dubari asked me if i have stopped blogging....funny...that also made me realize that she must have been checking my blog after all...

durga puja went by without i even realizing it did so....i am as far away from home as i possibly could be while still in india....puja....no getting up at 5:00 in the morning for mahalaya this time...no shopping for new clothes...or choosing sarees for my mother....no smell of the coral jasmine flooding the morning mists....and no meeting up with old friends and planning out for the day...all thats passe....

durga puja this time went away while i was working like a bull in my plant....trying to match the daily stock...shouting after erring labourers....trying to solve the problems my project is facing...and then coming back to the hostel and dropping dead on the bed....

durga puja just went away this time...

rajbir smsed me a "shubho bijoya" and of course i called almost everyone i should and wished them the same...

only this time for the first time perhaps i realized how much it meant to me...for this time the only durga i saw was on the news paper...

shubho bijoya

1 comment:

d diary said...

hmmm.. dats life.. u miss d things u love for the things u r supposed to do.. a job.. away from home for example..

cheer up.. deres puja next yr too..